<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, October 25, 2004

1.2 million visits for an ebay auction 

Seth Godin pointed out in his blog about some GREAT viral marketing. While Seth raises a simple poignant question - WHY does it work. I found myself wondering something else.
When I first clicked through to the auction, there were 65000 visitors (if the counter can be trusted). I just went back to the site (the auction was ended early by the seller) there have been nearly 1.2 million visitors.
First - WOW! - great word of mouth
Second - what a pity - this ebay vendor had NO OTHER ITEMS FOR SALE! Imagine 1.2 million people click through - some will invariably see what else the guy is offering - what a missed opportunity - or am I missing something?
|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Counter
Lane Briant Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com