Friday, April 23, 2004
Well, I have now added the functionality of comments. I would love to see if you have anything to say about what I have to say... Just click on "comment" below the post to enlighten me.|
Monday, April 19, 2004
How can I help?
On Friday, I got a telephone call from a lady looking for disposable gloves. Looking in the phone book, she found MedExtra.
Obviously, we do not deal in gloves, but I know someone... I arranged for a donation of disposable gloves. I ended up speaking with Mme Bergeron, the director of the organization.
She had quite an impressive story to tell. The organization services roughly 100 families, takes care of the kids, teaches the parents & makes sure there is food (they haven't got the resources to put ENOUGH food, but at least there is food).
On the subject of enough, Maison Adrianna is funded enough to keep the heat on throughout the winter. They turn off the heat at night, and in the morning, in the rooms they take care of the kids, they put on extra heaters.
Mme Bergeron's story is impressive, she has been doing this for 20 years. She has adopted 4 kids along the way. She has helped 4 generations of people secure what is basically necessary to live.
I asked what her "wish list was"
- $150 000 to purchase the building that they would otherwise be thrown out of in June.
- A commercial freezer to replace the myriad residential fridge/freezer's they currently use
- Some plumbing services so that the kitchen sink can dispense warm water instead of scalding hot and freezing cold.
I am going to think about how I can address some of these needs. Any ideas would be welcome.
Thursday, April 15, 2004
11 Commandments for an
1. Help each other be right - not wrong.
2. Look for ways to make new ideas work - not for reasons they won?t.
3. If in doubt - check it out! Don?t make negative assumptions about each other.
4. Help each other win and take pride in each other?s victories.
5. Speak positively about each other and about your team at every opportunity.
6. Maintain a positive mental attitude no matter what the circumstances.
7. Act with initiative and courage as if it all depends on you.
8. Do everything with enthusiasm - it?s contagious.
9. Whatever you want - give it away.
10. Don?t loose faith - never give up.
11. Have fun!
Ian Percy www.ianpercy.com