<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, January 02, 2005

PM (preventative maintenance) for lower back pain 

Just last week I was telling my masseuse that I was going to get into Pilates to strengthen my core since my back was bothering me so much. Apparently that won't help. This article suggests that instead of working the core, it is simply back strength that is the key. What is the trick to back strength? The "Volvo" technique. Basically lie with the top half of your body hangin off of something (like a table) - don't forget to have someone hold down your legs. The excercise? keep your torso horizontal for as long as you can.

There is an alternative, lie on your back and hold your upper body at 30 degrees.

OUCH!
|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Counter
Lane Briant Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com